Monday, October 20, 2008

Meme, Meme, Meme....

Okay, just one for right now. A short one.

Name the seven place you go most frequently each week and list the distances from your door.
1. My most frequent client- 15.1 miles one way. 7 days a week.
2. Second-most frequent client- .9 miles one way. 3 days a week.
3. Post Office-1.2 miles one way. 5-6 times a week.
4. Glen's Market-the local grocery store-.8 miles one way. Once or twice a week.
5. Houghton Lake-for the major bi-weekly shopping- 20-26 miles one way(depending on what stores I hit).
6. St Vincent DePaul, the thrift store- .7 miles one way. 1-2 times a week.
7. The State Park at the lake-8.7 miles one way. Not so much now, but 4-5 times a week in the summer. The bonus is that it's between here and #1.

Yeah, I do alot of driving, so I'm very happy to see that gas prices are finally down to $2.99 today. The state average is at $2.81, and the national average is lower than that, but I can't remember what it was, right now.
The kittens are getting rambunctious. Chasing each other, growling over the food dishes, and following me to the car, when I leave the house. They're scared of the noise my car makes, so they go running back to the porch as soon as I start it. Tonight 2 of them came running out to greet me when I got home from work. How sweet. ::sigh::
I'm in the mood for soups, and chili. I made some corn chowder over the weekend that turned out really good. That got me thinking about what adaptations I could make, corn and peas with bacon chowder, winter vegetables(broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts) with smoked sausage chowder, all with potatoes, onions and mushrooms. And potatoes are on sale this week-15lbs. of russets for $3.99! I need a bigger freezer. Or guests!
Well, I'm on battery and it's about out of power, so I'll say good night and...

~Thanks For Stopping By~

10 comments:

  1. That is a lot of driving. This summer was brutal for me, gas wise, since I become a rubbertramp and drive long distance, a lot.

    And so you know, I'm now hungry and craving somethin'......I blame you for this state I'm in now. I want soup.......
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not go out much anymore since I am not working. Would walking down the driveway count? I love good soup. My butternut squash soup came out really nice. Reminded me of Thanksgiving. Dannelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have to drive a lot! Bummer! Oh, how about some kitty pics? Are you going to bring them inside at all?

    be well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately for us, our town is just a quarter mile up from our housing development and they have the groceries, drug stores, post office, library, medical facilities, hardware stores, beauty salons, gas stations, so haven't had to travel much distance to get what we need. Our gas thankfully has fallen to $2.59 per gallon, but due to Gustav and Ike we were out of gas at most of our SC stations for several weeks, those that had gas limited us to 10 gallons max....so we were able to hang in there. Have a good day. Arlene(AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, sweet kitties!

    I've also been craving soups and stews! I hope to make vegetable soup soon, and I have the beans and ham to make black bean soup, too. There's just something about this time of year that makes me want to simmer a nice big pot of soup!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't thik I even go seven places a week. lol. I need to think about that....
    have a great rest of the week!
    tin\a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love these and am thankful that Gas prices are as they are.
    Take care and have fun,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do a lot of driving and a lot of mileage counting to be sure. I don't know how many miles away anything is, I'm not so great at distnces, just know about how much time it will take to get somewhere. Hope you have a happy Thursday. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this meme on some other journals too; its cute to see where people drive; you do a lot!! it is the time of year for stews and soups, isn't it? (well the calendar may say that here in So. Calif. but I think we're due for 100 degrees today :)

    gas here is about $3.25 for the cheapest grade; such a relief and so very thankful to the Lord that it is going down in price

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had scaled back my driving when the hurricane hit and the refineries couldn't get gas to Georgia, and now I almost hate having to drive anywhere! Gas has dropped to 2.42 here, and I'm kicking myself every time I think "Wow, that's low!" considering it was much lower than that once upon a time!
    I have a rambunctious huskie! Always wanting to play, and does he love to chew! Grrr....

    ReplyDelete